Dreamweaver - Design View vs. Live View
Things you cannot do in Live View
Add hot spots (areas of an image that can be clicked on).
Right click an element and select Remove tag (which removes a tag but not the element's content).
- Save an html file as a Dreamweaver template file (.dwt)
- Other template options are also not available.
In Design view you can accomplish this by either right-clicking on the element in the Design view area or by right-clicking on the tag in the tag selector area of the status bar.
Note that it is supposed to work in Code view (per Dreamweaver CC Classroom in a Book, page 168) for version 2015.1 but it did not work for me (Oct. 23, 2016).
Things you cannot do in Design View
- Use the Insert panel to add sections to a page.
- The Insert panel does not insert. Rather, it converts the current element into the element you select in the Insert panel.
- Apply multiple CSS classes to one element easily.
- You cannot apply multiple classes to one element by right-clicking on the element in the tag selector or using the Class menu in the Properties panel.
- There is no apparent simple way to do this in Design view.
- You can use the little blue tab in Live view to specify more than one class.