Photoshop preference settings
These instructions are for setting some of the preferences in Photoshop CC. They are the same for both Macs and Windows.
- Windows: Edit > Preferences
- Mac: Photoshop menu > Preferences
In the Preferences dialog:
- Tools >
- Disable (uncheck) Use Shift Key for Tool Switch
- Doing this will allow you to use a single keyboard key to select a tool and not require you to use the Shift key in addition to the tool's letter key.
- Enable (check) Overscroll
- Doing this allows you to use the space bar-click-drag or the hand tool to move an image around when it is fully seen. This is helpful when shapes go beyond the edges of the visible image.
- Units and rulers >
- Units >
- Rulers > Pixels
- Type > Pixels
- Plug-ins >
- Generator > enable (check) Generator
Note that there are also preferences to be set in Adobe Bridge and Adobe's Camera Raw plug-in.